Monday, March 29, 2010

A good book: Standing in the Rainbow

Review

Standing in the Rainbow by Fannie Flagg is a very long book, but it has short chapters.  I borrowed it from a friend, so you won't find it listed in my library, and at first I only read it when I had to go to the doctor's office or other places because by the time I got through one chapter, it would be time for my appointment. 

But now I am close to the end, and I realize that I have gotten to know and relate to Fannie Flagg's characters, some of whom were children when I was, and are now new senior citizens.  Their reflections during the 1990's relate to what I have experienced, or what I have seen others experience. 

I heartily recommend it.  But I warn you.  It will take a long time reading, but it is well worth it. 

No comments: