Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I seem to wax eloquent that noone on Facebook might appreciate, yet I have the need to write.  Today is a beautiful Tuesday morning.  I am getting ready for the day.  The tub is full of nicely scented water thanks to my friend Cathy sharing some bath salts she was given but won't use, since she is a shower person.  Coffee is at my side.  Cup two to be enjoyed.  Coffee pot is off.  Cat is fed. 

List of to-do's is mental.  Buy new Styrofoam dishes to feed the cat with.  Such a good system.  His dinner today is in a disposable plastic dish.  Finicky eater that he is, I hope he will eat his breakfast.  So far all he has asked for is attention, and perhaps a lift to a higher closet shelf as I work to get clothes ready for the days activities of attending a funeral and perhaps a ceremony for Chippewa Junior High School.  Twas a tough choice to make, but figured honoring the dead was more important than remembering my own childhood.  I think I made the right choice.  

I awoke early today, partly because it was cold in my room....  Unusual for almost July, but it felt good.  Closed some windows.  Made the coffee.  Was a little nauseated, so the coffee and protein bar have helped considerably.  Did some research on an old song  Old Buddha by the Imperials.  

That song would be very politically incorrect in this decade, but not so in the 80's when my Charismatic friends and I first enjoyed it, as a protest for all of the Eastern religious cults that were invading our culture at that time.  I did some research on the Moonies, finding that the term itself is not PC.  Not anymore anyway.  Discovered that the Unification Church has a lot of political clout and has been quietly working its way into many organizations and media outlets in our society.  Finally found a statement of doctrine and find that Moon's claim to be the second Messiah is something I cannot embrace.  Some other doctrines seem a little off to me as well.  The state of my own church and churches like it, is quite distressing as well.  The idea of a theocracy is scary to me.  That concept seems to be lurking on the horizon of my life. 

 I decided to search Itunes radio for a good Christian radio station, that has teaching as well as music.  I don't mind contemporary music in small doses, as long as there is good teaching and sounds that draw me in rather than repel.  Found a station in Texas.  A-1 91.3fm KDKR Your Station for Life    128 kbps    Texas's Christian Teaching, Talk, and Praise Station.  So far so good.  Lots of teaching.  A little music.  

I actually found some clothes summery enough yet dressy enough for today.  I really must go over my closet clothes and weed out the bad and keep the good.  I seem to be getting a lot done in my house in preparation for next month when Yvonne comes to visit.  A new chair has provided a place where I can sit and read and sort and watch without hurting my back.  It may also provide a place for Yvonne to sleep comfortably the few days she is here.  The new shower spray makes it easier to wash hair and the drain being fixed in the sink is so wonderful to have.  Grab bars are being installed on Thursday.  Things are fitting together.  I smile. 

No comments: